Creating More Space at Home with Self Storage
Whether you’re thinking of converting the garage into a utility room or reclaiming the spare room for guests, the brakes often come on when we try and make more room. It’s only natural that we want to utilise or living spaces more, but it’s not always feasible to do without moving or building an extension.
However, there is an affordable way to create more space at home without resorting to drastic measures.
Is It Possible to Maximise Space in a Small House with Storage?
While the primary purpose of storage seems obvious, there are lots of benefits you should consider. In relation to trying to create space, storage offers the following:
- Storage can create space in any size of property
- It’s more affordable than buying or renting a bigger place
- You’ll get the highest level of security
The answer to this question is, yes. Storage is an excellent way to create more room at home, which allows you to make better use of your living spaces. This is ideal for anyone who lives in a one or two-bed flat with limited storage space. And while this is particularly useful for smaller apartments and houses, it works for any type of size of property.
In real terms, by using storage, you can essentially prevent the need to upgrade to a larger property. Lots of people think that the only way to create more space is to move home, but this isn’t always the case. Storage is much cheaper than selling or renting a bigger place, as well as being more flexible. There’s no lease to worry about; you only store for as long as you need to.
Storage can provide you with the highest level of security possible, which means from theft and damage. Even the most modern security systems have flaws, and our homes aren’t built to withstand things like damp. At Instore, we have top-of-the-range security measures in place. And our storage units have environmental controls, in addition to keeping out the elements.
Tips on Preparing Items for Self Storage in Dorset –
Now that you have a better idea of the advantages of using storage, we have some advice on preparing your things beforehand. Here are some of our best tips for preparing your belongings for storage:
- New storage boxes or containers. Don’t try and use old cardboard boxes from the corner shop or supermarket. They’re usually damp and lack the sturdiness to prevent impact damage.
- Carefully pack fragile pieces. It will help if you treat fragile objects with additional care. Every box should have lots of extra padding and packaging, and correct labelling for the outside of the box is a good idea.
- Clean all appliances and furniture. Mould can spread to other items, which can damage fabrics. You can prevent this by cleaning each piece. Remember to leave appliance doors slightly open and wrap cords.
- Vacuum seal clothes and fabrics. If you are keeping clothes in storage, you should invest in vacuum-sealing equipment. It eliminates air that can cause mould.
- Avoid using plastic bags. The materials most carrier bags or bin-liners use can increase humidity which then causes moisture. That’s ideal conditions for our old enemy mould to flourish.
Instore Storage – Helping People Create More Living Spaces in Dorset –
Instore has a range of storage packages to meet all your storage needs. We work with hundreds of people every week in Dorset, making sure we match our customers’ exact requirements. For us, this is an essential foundation of how we operate. And we always provide free, no-obligation quotes before we book anything.
The Instore team have years of experience in the storage and removals industry. And in that time, we have been able to help people make the most of their space at home. Lots of people can reclaim their garage, loft and spare room without having to move to a larger house or apartment.
If you’d like to have more living space in your home, contact us today. We can discuss and assess your storage requirements and match them with a suitable and affordable storage package.